[WSBAPT] Another creditor claims question

Suzanne Lieberman suzanne at cmslawfirm.com
Fri Feb 5 13:09:48 PST 2021

Happy Friday, all-

We did a lack of probate affidavit for a client's husband in 2019. Client
passed away in late 2020. The administrator of her estate, her caregiver -
also our client - wants to know about his responsibility to pay the debts
of the husband, who died intestate. Probate was never opened for the
husband, nor abbreviated creditor claim period established. They must have
been unknown debts.

Our client would need to pay (from the wife's estate) any valid claims
submitted until the 2-year period ends (March 9, 2021), correct?

Sincerely,

Suzanne Lieberman
CMS Law Firm LLC <http://cmslawfirm.com/>
*811 Kirkland Ave. Suite 201 *(please note new address!)
Kirkland, WA 98033
206-383-6484 (Cell Phone)
206-659-1512 (Main Office)

Legal stuff I have to put in... *To ensure compliance with Treasury
Department and IRS regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly
indicated otherwise, any federal tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written by CMS Law Firm LLC
to be used, and cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of: (i)
avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal
Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another
party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or any attachments).*