[WSBAPT] Deeding house to revocable living trust

Nicholas Pleasants nick at pleasantslaw.com
Thu Dec 16 15:48:06 PST 2021

I don’t think that is necessary in WA. We have a presumption of community property if purchased during the marriage. RCW 26.16.030.
If one spouse owned it prior to marriage, or if they bought it prior to marriage, then I think a deed establishing CP first makes sense.
Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants
Owner

[(Logo) Pleasants Law Firm]<http://www.pleasantslaw.com/>

Pleasants Law Firm, P.S.
2300 130th Ave NE, Suite A-101
Bellevue, WA 98005-1755
(425) 615-7070 tel/fax
nick at pleasantslaw.com<mailto:nick at pleasantslaw.com>
www.pleasantslaw.com<http://www.pleasantslaw.com>
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.