[WSBAPT] Selling real property to pay estate tax

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Thu Dec 16 08:56:17 PST 2021

Cy,

Just thinking outside the box here, any chance any person can loan the tax funds to the estate?  I have had that done in different context.  Sometimes folks with this size estate have family members that are in a like situation.  Just food for thought.

A second thought is to work with the title company to see if the funds are secured for the tax at closing if they have some mechanism in place to continue the transaction - I feel like there must be a SOP for such a situation - Farm property comes to mind where this is a real problem.

Best of luck to you.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden