[WSBAPT] Solvency unknown when opening probate

Elizabeth Bateman Elizabeth at batemanlawgroup.com
Mon Dec 6 12:43:53 PST 2021

If you truly have no idea, you won't be able to ask the Court for nonintervention powers until you have a better idea of what the extent of the assets and debts are.  The Court is not going to want to give them and then expect you to come back if they should be taken away.  You can tell the Court that you are reserving the issue of solvency/nonintervention powers until more is known and petition for a determination of solvency/grant of nonintervention powers later if it becomes clear after you get access to the accounts that the estate is solvent.  I would specifically include in the order authority to access/deal with the decedent's bank accounts.

Elizabeth G. Bateman
Associate Attorney
Admitted in Washington and Minnesota
Bateman Law Group, PLLC
900 SW 16th Street, Suite 120
Renton, WA 98057
Office: (206) 224-0900
Cell: (425) 444-9946
Website: www.batemanlawgroup.com<http://www.batemanlawgroup.com/>

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC Sections 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This information is confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender via email or by telephone at (206) 224-0900.