[WSBAPT] missing trust

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Thu Dec 2 11:41:14 PST 2021

Can anyone offer any cites that would help resolve the following:
Grandpa dies.  His will leaves a bequest to grandchild, to be held in trust for grandchild under the terms of a trust that Grandpa's will states is preexisting.  The problem is that Grandpa never got around to preparing or signing the so-called preexisting trust.  So we know the name of the beneficiary, but we do not know the terms, because the trust does not exist.  Anyone know what the result would be under Washington law, and can offer a cite?  I am hoping to not have to research this from scratch . . .
Thank you,
Phil

Philip N. Jones
Duffy Kekel LLP