[WSBAPT] Death of Non-Custodial Parent

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Mon Aug 30 13:08:29 PDT 2021

Greetings List -

I have a new probate matter where the Decedent was a non-custodial parent,
with a support obligation. There is a Will that leaves money to be set
aside for college, as required in the divorce decree.  There is NO other
reference to any further ongoing child support obligations.  The surviving
spouse (2nd wife) is worried about the former spouse making a claim for
on-going support.

This is a first for me and I am not certain if there are other family law
statutes that control as there is NOTHING in the Will or divorce decree
that requires payment of child support.

Appreciate any guidance to where I should begin!

Thank you,
Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /