[WSBAPT] barely solvent estate question

Douglas Owens dougowens at seattlerelawyer.com
Tue Aug 17 12:03:14 PDT 2021

Dear list mates, I have a situation that is unusual to me.  The probate estate was expected to have no proceeds realized after costs of sale and payment of liens from the sale of its sole asset, a residential property, but DSHS complicated matters by making a refund of a portion of its claim in the amount of $71.00.  This is not sufficient to publish notice to creditors.  The PR has no knowledge of any existing creditors’ claims.  I cannot find any answers in the Probate Code.  Has anyone run into this situation before, and if so what did you do?  Thank you.  Yours truly, Doug Owens