[WSBAPT] FYI - from the Bar re: Malpractice

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Wed Aug 11 14:07:23 PDT 2021

Greetings list members -

In my role as the 8th District Governor for the WSBA Board of Governors
(official email brentwr.bog at gmail.com)  - I wanted to make sure that
everyone saw the requirements under RPC 1.4 regarding your malpractice
insurance situation.  In short, if you have elected not to carry a base
level of malpractice - effective September 1, 2021, your client engagement
communication must include a disclosure of that status.

I saw this notice in the Take Note sent from the Bar today and know that
not everyone reads those as closely as I do.

Here is the link to learn more about this new rule:
https://www.wsba.org/for-legal-professionals/ethics/malpractice-insurance

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (pronouns: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*Physical Address: 500 S 336th Street, Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY** All mail sent through the USPS should be sent to
the following address: **PO BOX 3319; Federal Way, WA 98063 *

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /