[WSBAPT] Referral for Attorney to Set Up Deferred Sales Trust

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Thu Aug 5 13:46:41 PDT 2021

Hello Natalie,

I am familiar with IRC 453 related to deferred sales.  I believe however you may have been given incorrect information regarding effect of such a sale through a trust as to creditor’s of a decedent.  It would seem odd to allow creditor’s to loose their preferred position by deferred sale.

I have been doing this for only 17 years but I feel like it you could get money to a beneficiary rather than a creditor via 453 I would have  heard of it.  Also never heard of it during my accounting and LL.M in Tax studies (but of course that was eons ago 😉)

Best,

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden