[WSBAPT] FW: MORE re Unadopted Stepchildren wrongful death claim?

Jeff Crollard jbc at crollardlaw.com
Mon Aug 2 13:59:35 PDT 2021

And the answer is ...... stepchildren DO have a wrongful death claim.  See In re Estate of Blessing, 174 Wn 2d 228, 231 (2012), and Leren v. Kaiser Gypsum Co., 9 Wn App 2d 55 (2019).  This includes unadopted stepchildren (which I've learned is the definition of a stepchild; if adopted it's a child), and includes stepchildren from a predeceased spouse (Blessing) and from a divorced spouse (Leren).  Thanks to several of you for the guidance and caselaw!

Jeff

Jeff B. Crollard
Crollard Law Office, PLLC
4616 25th Ave NE, #743
Seattle, WA 98105-4183
Phone:  206-468-2192
Fax:  206-260-7357
jbc at crollardlaw.com<mailto:jbc at crollardlaw.com>

PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS, PHONE AND FAX

This email is confidential and may contain information that is protected by attorney-client, work product or other privileges.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use or reliance upon its contents is prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please notify me and then delete the email.