[WSBAPT] Houseboats anyone?

Yvette O'Connell yvette.oconnell.law at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:29:30 PDT 2021

Does anyone have experience with transferring a houseboat title to a
surviving spouse without probate?  My client's husband passed away - his
estate was not probated.  She was co-owner on the title and is now looking
to refinance, but was told there must be a probate to clear title because
title insurance is not available for this type of houseboat configuration
(it's a co-op interest, I'm told).  My experience with houseboats is zero.
I don't want to start a probate if this could be done via Lack of Probate
Affidavit, but I know houseboats are unique.

Anyone with more knowledge of houseboats have a moment to help me out with
this?

Thanks! - Yvette

Yvette O'Connell

Attorney-at-Law

The Law Office of Yvette Smith O'Connell

Mailing address: 7801 Green Lake Dr. N., Seattle, WA 98103

Phone: 206/334-9949

Email:  Yvette.OConnell.Law at gmail.com

Website: YvetteOConnell.com