[WSBAPT] Appointing Standby Guardian as Guardian in King County

steve mcconnell smcconnelllaw at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 10 16:06:19 PDT 2021

I represent the Guardian in a guardianship for an incapacitated person, her son, who has resided in Fircrest for over 40 years. The Guardian recently passed away and I need to have the current Standby Guardian, the sister of the incapacitated person, appointed as Guardian and would like to do that at the same time that we submit the three-year guardianship report as that deadline is fast approaching. I have not done this previously and it is unclear to me whether I need to go through the same process followed when a guardian is initially appointed or whether there is a more expeditious process that can be followed. If anyone could provide some guidance in this regard it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steven M. McConnell
Attorney at Law
144 Railroad Ave., Suite 308