[WSBAPT] Life in general

Roger Hawkes Roger at law-hawks.com
Wed Apr 7 11:51:47 PDT 2021

Good post, Cy😊

-----Original Message-----
From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Cyrus Field
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 12:08 PM
To: 'WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv' <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: Re: [WSBAPT] Life in general

Tom- You raise a good issue and it's certainly something I have wrestled with, as have most attorneys I know, as we all try to balance work/play/family obligations. I have enjoyed reading other attorneys responses to your email. When I first started getting practicing and getting the state Bar Bulletins , I'd turn first to the disciplinary proceedings and then the obits. It seemed so sad to me to see so many attorneys die relatively young with their boots on their desk. Some I know were busting their keister so they could retire in comfort and then reconnect with family. As a partner in a large law firm told me after seeing me joyously chase our spirited 2 yo around an interisland ferry while his mother ran an NGO, retirement is often too late a time to reconnect and I should really appreciate the time I was spending with family. That stuck with me.

Can't help noticing you replied on a sunny weekend, much less a holiday. Hope that's how you really wanted to spend your time 😊. Thanks, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon)
phone: 360-472-1223 Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286 Office: 640 Mullis St. Friday Harbor, WA
The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender at cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete the original and any copies.