[WSBAPT] WD claims survive to Estate of mother

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Apr 5 13:37:40 PDT 2021

I think RCW 11.04.250 may apply depending on whether the scope of "property" is intended to cover rights to causes of action; but RCW 4.20.046<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=4.20.046> might be more directly applicable to show that Mom's cause of action for wrongful death of H survives her own death, and is preserved to benefit Mom's estate:

RCW 4.20.046<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=4.20.046>
Survival of actions.
(1) All causes of action by a person or persons against another person or persons shall survive to the personal representatives of the former and against the personal representatives of the latter, whether such actions arise on contract or otherwise, and whether or not such actions would have survived at the common law or prior to the date of enactment of this section.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.