[WSBAPT] Quiet Title re Deceased Grantor, Closed Probate, and Dissolutions

Jennifer Johnson jmhanigan at cni.net
Thu Sep 10 08:42:24 PDT 2020

On two occasions in the past ten years I have vested title in contract purchasers absent a fulfillment deed where I could verify that the contract was paid in full, or enough time had passed, I was familiar with the parties and the contract amount was low enough that I felt comfortable taking the risk that the contract was paid off.  Depending on your circumstances, perhaps you can find a title company that is willing to do the same in order to get past hurdle one without having to re-open probate.

Jennifer

Jennifer M. Johnson
Attorney / Title Officer
Wahkiakum Title & Escrow Company