[WSBAPT] Note About The Time to Record with King County

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Wed Sep 9 14:40:56 PDT 2020

Greetings List -

I want to give a great public shout out of Appreciation to my friend
Rebecca King at the Northwest Elder Law Group. She is a facebook friend of
mine and saw an exasperated post about the duration of time it is taking to
get filings back from King County Recorder - and introduced me Simplifile.

If you don't know Simplifile.....check them out. Appears to be an easy and
cheap ($50 annual license plus $5 per transaction for plan for those who
don't record that much) way to avoid mailing things to recording.

IF YOU ARE MAILING to King County Recording - had a nice talk with the
Records and Licensing Services Division Director - Norm Alberg. Here is
what I learned that I want to pass along as a public service announcement.

It takes approximately 14 days to process a transfer filing (such as a PR
Deed) when it is sent via mail. THEN, all of the filings in one month are
HELD for microfiche imaging AND THEN RETURNED to you. So for my filing that
was sent in the middle of July. It was recorded on August 3rd and it was
put (allegedly) in the mail back to me on September 8th.

I likely won't ever do this again as I will use this handy dandy Simplifile
method whenever possible - but for those who do the "old fashioned way" -
this is what you should know about the existing time.

*Brent Williams-Ruth*
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of **BWR Consulting, PLLC*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults> /

*As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent
Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new
points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com> *