[WSBAPT] Opening out of state estate account

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Thu Sep 3 14:06:01 PDT 2020

  Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

.
                               September 3, 2020

I haven’t had that exact situation. I did once try to open an account
on behalf of PR after PR had flown back home.  All banks said she had
to open account in person.
The PR as it turns out had never had a checking account, as husband
managed all financial affairs.

The Chase bank here, helped walk PR through how to locate a Chase in
her area, sent her the forms to complete, etc.  So, maybe by the time
PR was trying to open the account in PR's home state, Chase was
already satisfied that laws permitted a PR appointed here, to open an
account there.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000
Seattle, Washington 98101
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com

Quoting Heather de Vrieze <heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>:

> Is it possible that she could simply come to Vancouver WA to set up
> the estate account? I just had an Oregon Personal Representative do
> that last month.
>

>    Heather
>

>     Heather S. de Vrieze
> /Attorney-at-Law/
>

>     //
>

>     3909 California Avenue SW
>

>     Seattle, WA 98116-3705
>

>     (206)938-5500
>

>     heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
>

>     www.westseattlelaw.com[1]
>

>     CLICK HERE TO CONNECT WITH DE VRIEZE | CARNEY ON FACEBOOK:   [2]
>

>     For the latest information regarding firm operations and to see
> precautions we are taking in light of the Coronavirus crisis please
> visit our firm’s website, www.WestSeattleLaw.com[3].
>

>     If I am sick, I will stay home, I ask you to do the same.

>     CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain
> legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
> and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.
>

>      FROM: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com
> <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> ON BEHALF OF chris at hendry-law.com
> SENT: Thursday, September 3, 2020 12:12 PM
> TO: wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com
> SUBJECT: [WSBAPT] Opening out of state estate account
>

>    I have a client who lives in Oregon and is the PR for an estate
> here in Washington. She attempted to open an estate account with
> Chase but was told she would need a letter from me with the following:
>

>    -Attorney's signature and bar license number
>

>    -Case number
>

>    -Executor's / administrator's / personal representative's name
>

>    -Language authorizing attorney to represent customer
>

>    -Language confirming the court documents from different state are
> enforceable in jurisdiction / state presented
>

>    -Ward's name
>

>    Has anyone else ran into this? If so, could you direct me to
> where I can find “Language confirming the court documents from
> different state are enforceable in jurisdiction / state presented?”
>

>    Respectfully,
>

>    Chris Hendry
>

>    CHRIS HENDRY
> HENDRY LAW, PLLC
>

>    Address: 1001 Yakima Ave. STE 1 Tacoma, WA 98405[4]
> Phone: (253) 441-7826
> Email: chris at hendry-law.com
> Website: www.hendry-law.com[5]
>

>    The information contained in this e-mail communication is
> privileged and/or confidential information intended only for the use
> of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
> communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> communication or the information contained herein is strictly
> immediately notify me by return e-mail and then delete this e-mail
> from your system. Thank you.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.westseattlelaw.com/
[2] https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney
[3] http://www.WestSeattleLaw.com
[4]
https://www.google.com/maps/place/6100+219th+St+SW+%23480,+Mountlake+Terrace,+WA+98043/@47.8002403,-122.3188614,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x54901aaf2bef7047:0x343f6576b3b8b13d!8m2!3d47.8002403!4d-122.3166727
[5] http://www.hendry-law.com
  andrekita