[WSBAPT] Rejection creditor claim

Dalynne Singleton dalynne at glgmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:10:30 PDT 2020

Simple answer would be no and you should file litigation against the PR of the Estate on the claims seeking a judgment.  You have 30 days from rejection so don't wait on this one.
You should also ask for attorney fees for having to bring cause of action on a valid creditor's claim under RCW 11.96A.

RCW 11.40.100<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.40.100>
Rejection of claim-Time limits-Notice-Compromise of claim.
(1) If the personal representative rejects a claim, in whole or in part, the claimant must bring suit against the personal representative within thirty days after notification of rejection or the claim is forever barred. The personal representative shall notify the claimant of the rejection and file an affidavit with the court showing the notification and the date of the notification. The personal representative shall notify the claimant of the rejection by personal service or certified mail addressed to the claimant or the claimant's agent, if applicable, at the address stated in the claim. The date of service or of the postmark is the date of notification. The notification must advise the claimant that the claimant must bring suit in the proper court against the personal representative within thirty days after notification of rejection or the claim will be forever barred.

Dalynne Singleton
Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection
1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
360.568.5065
360.568.8092  fax
dalynne at glgmail.com<mailto:dalynne at glgmail.com>
Website:  www.glglawgroup.com

As we face the challenges presented by COVID-19, we want to update you as to the steps we are taking at Gourley Law Group.  Our top priority is the health & safety of our employees, clients, colleagues, friends, & all of their families & communities. Therefore, I am working remotely.  We have limited staffing in the office to maintain critical functions. We are able to make & receive telephone calls, access files, emails & voicemails.  Attorney/client meetings will be handled by teleconference or virtually whenever possible.  Be assured that we will continue to advise & support our clients throughout this health emergency.

If you would like to set a telephone conference or in-person meeting, please email my paralegal theresa at glgmail.com<mailto:theresa at glgmail.com> or dara at glgmail.com<mailto:dara at glgmail.com>.

Please be advised, we are requiring all clients with scheduled appointments coming in, as well as our staff, to be prepared to wear a face mask or adequate covering during all in office interactions.

LICENSED IN WASHINGTON AND OREGON
IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Delivery of this message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the message.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, rather, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and its attachments, if any.