[WSBAPT] IRA without Beneficiary Designation

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 31 10:01:29 PDT 2020

So, I have the same problem except the account holder is deceased.  I am working with decedent's father and we are going to try an Affidavit of Small Estate (only asset of this estate is this $30k account).  But we are being told by the bank that because the decedent didn't make a beneficiary designation, we must provide the bank with Letters.  If the account holder is deceased, how do I get the bank to release the custodial agreement to the father so we could check the default clause?