[WSBAPT] Publishing Notice - Which County

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Wed Oct 28 12:14:04 PDT 2020

I am pondering the county of publication of notice for an estate we are opening in King County. I know this was a recent topic of discussion, and the law is clear that the county of the decedent's residence is the correct county for publication.

The question I have is one of residency. My facts are client who lived in King County for decades moved to Yakima earlier this year for care because friend who would be caregiver lived there. She moved in with friend, and died a couple months ago. The death certificate lists the Yakima address as her "residence", but it somehow doesn't seem right to publish there given the decades of residence in King County.

Thoughts?

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6AD23.D2FAF110]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

For the latest information regarding firm operations and to see precautions we are taking in light of the Coronavirus crisis please visit our firm's website, www.WestSeattleLaw.com<http://www.WestSeattleLaw.com>.
If I am sick, I will stay home, I ask you to do the same.

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.