[WSBAPT] Discovery of will after intestate probate opened

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Oct 20 09:55:16 PDT 2020

I would start with a regular petition to prove will and appoint executor as if no probate had been opened, and then add information to confirm that the estate is already open and administrator appointed, and the administrator is the named executor, and request that the Letters of Administration be cancelled and Letters Testamentary issued in their place, and that non-intervention powers be confirmed.

By statute there is no notice requirement to anyone (other than surviving spouse if any) for proving a will and granting NPs under a will, so I don't think it will hold up the estate much at all. Could be submitted ex parte.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone; please call the Seattle office. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis; please call the Seattle office.

MAIL AND DELIVERIES can be received at the Seattle office. For any other needed arrangements, please call the Seattle office.