[WSBAPT] EIN for settlement trust req'd

Jennifer L White jen at appletreelaw.com
Fri Oct 16 12:21:37 PDT 2020

Hi John,
Yes, you will need an EIN. It will be required at any financial institution in order to set up the trust account that will house the settlement funds. Whether a tax return is required turns on how much reportable income is earned, which I believe is a $600/year threshold.

Jennifer L. White, Esq.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6A3B6.E4022710]

jen at appletreelaw.com<mailto:jen at appletreelaw.com>
PO Box 11037