[WSBAPT] admin of estate of minor

Mark Vohr mcv at ohanafc.com
Tue Oct 13 17:00:49 PDT 2020

Sharon -

            This comes up for us periodically.  No difference from opening a standard probate. Don't need a GAL unless there are minor or otherwise incapacitated beneficiaries.  The estate is solvent, no debt and no liabilities (excluding administrative expenses).  Basically, the PR sits back and manages the PI attorney. Inventory is the claim.  Not liquidated.   We generally let the court know why we are opening a probate (in the solvency section) so that the court understands why a no-asset probate is being opened.  The probate is relatively straight forward.  Facts, circumstances, and the injury lawsuit, not so much.

Regards,

Mark

Mark C. Vohr, Esq.
Ohana Fiduciary Corp.