[WSBAPT] Question regarding intestate distribution

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Tue Oct 13 15:45:06 PDT 2020

Hi Dewey,

I can tell you that you will need more information.  You need to look at they type of policy (term or whole) , the acquisition date (pre or post marriage) and then the source of funds if any that paid for the premium.  The classification is based on these factors not where paid.  I’m not remembering the rules right now but I believe for term you only look at the last payment as for whole life you look at all the payments.

Disclaimer:  all off the cuff and it’s been awhile since I’ve had to source insurance so you may want to follow-up with the community property desk book 😉

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden
717 W. Sprague Ave.