[WSBAPT] Very general probate questions from a Real Estate Atty

Heather de Vrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Mon Nov 16 11:24:28 PST 2020

Rich,

Working with title can sometimes avoid probate, but probate is not something to "avoid" necessarily.

Probate can be started within a few weeks (full authority to act) and can be completed as quickly as a few weeks and can take as long as a few years, depending on the assets parties and issues involved. Fees are not based on the value of the estate, but the work performed by the Personal Representative and professionals involved, (except sale of real estate, usually the realtor takes a fee based on a percentage of the sale price).

Most of the simple probates that I assist clients in administering are resolved within one year, but many are completed much faster. The fees are generally a few thousand dollars.

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D6BC0B.0AEA07A0]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

For the latest information regarding firm operations and to see precautions we are taking in light of the Coronavirus crisis please visit our firm's website, www.WestSeattleLaw.com<http://www.WestSeattleLaw.com>.
If I am sick, I will stay home, I ask you to do the same.

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.