[WSBAPT] deed question

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Thu Nov 5 11:45:31 PST 2020

I would require it be transferred exactly as it was given.  I would definitely not accept a Quit Claim if given by Stat Warr as noted.  I would insist on receiving the deed prior to listing it (which you likely already thought of).

There will be some debt forgiveness issues for the defunct buyer, your client will have a new basis for the current sale likely because the decedent didn’t own the land at death and the estate may have some tax related issues for prior sale – I know you didn’t ask tax questions but I wanted to note that just in case 😉

Best of luck.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden