[WSBAPT] Petition for Instructions

Sarah Duncan sdunc at adamslawyers.com
Wed Nov 4 08:55:00 PST 2020

Hello list mates.   I am filing a Petition for Instructions in Snohomish County under the Cy Pres doctrine (RCW 11.96A.127) to ask the court to redirect the charitable share of a Will where the charity is no longer in existence.

My question is whether we can file our petition under our same probate cause number and set a hearing on the Commissioner's calendar, or whether we need to file it a separate TEDRA petition and set a hearing on the Judge's civil motions calendar?

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Sarah E. Duncan
Attorney