[WSBAPT] TPP Memo - File with Will?

Nicholas Pleasants nick at pleasantslaw.com
Mon May 18 14:37:10 PDT 2020

Hi All,
If you have a deceased person’s Will that you are going to file with the Superior Court, and it is found with a TPP Memo pursuant to RCW 11.12.260, do you also file the TPP Memo as part of the Will? Is it considered an exhibit to the Will? I rarely encounter these. My concern is that I am doing a Will only filing, so there won’t be an executor or probate (all joint tenancy assets passed to surviving spouse). I think King County does not allow additional pleadings in a Will only cause #, so it would have to be filed with the Will if it is filed at all.
On a practical note, I’m not sure about the effectiveness of a TPP Memo for first spouse to die, considering the items described could be asserted as community property. But I imagine surviving spouse would be fine with honoring the decedent’s wishes.

Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants
Pleasants Law Firm, P.S.
2300 130th Ave NE, Suite A-101
Bellevue, WA 98005-1755
(425) 615-7070 tel/fax
nick at pleasantslaw.com<mailto:nick at pleasantslaw.com>
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.