[WSBAPT] large gifts of appreciated stock to charities in estate planning

Susan Donahue sdonahue at sdonahuelaw.com
Fri May 15 15:09:20 PDT 2020

Hello Phillip,

Ok.  That makes sense.   Thank you.  We have to explore what she wants to do with her estate.  I was at first concerned about protecting it from estate taxes, but if she says in her will that she gives a certain percentage to certain charities at an amount that will bring her overall taxable estate below the Washington State excludable amount that might work.

Susan