[WSBAPT] Stimulus Checks to Deceased Taxpayers - Returning Economic Impact Payments to IRS - New Info on IRS.gov Added Today

J A Cyphers jacyphers at gmail.com
Fri May 8 12:43:31 PDT 2020

And so the IRS sends out the Economic Stimulus payment to
Name of Taxpayer, DECD.

Taxpayer died in October, 2018.
Final 2018 tax return, filing as single status, was filed in early 2019,
showing taxpayer is deceased.
*They know taxable is deceased but sent the check anyway.*

Guess I just check the If Recipient Died box and draw an arrow to the DECD
on their own check and send it back.
This is a bit ridiculous.

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 12:48 PM Joshua McKarcher <josh at mckarcherlaw.com>