[WSBAPT] creditor claims filed in will only matter

Alexis Singletary alexis at singletarylawoffice.com
Tue Mar 31 17:31:00 PDT 2020

100%.

I have won that issue on Summary Judgment where the "PR" was served a creditor's claim and quiet title action before the PR was actually appointed.  We sent the Notice to Creditors to all parties formally for actual notice.  They of course didn't respond because they believed they already filed a claim.  Not my job to tell them they didn't perfect service because there was no PR to serve.  Laid in wait until the end of the creditor's claim period and rejected.  Creditor filed suit; I filed my SJ.
Fun one.

In yours, since no PR will actually be appointed, just ignore and see if any creditor does it themselves.  If not, ride out the 2 years and see what happens.
Alexis R. Singletary
Singletary Law Office, PLLC
(253) 833-8855
www.singletarylawoffice.com<http://www.singletarylawoffice.com/>

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential and may be protected by attorney-client privilege and/or the work-product doctrine.  If you are not the intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.