[WSBAPT] attorneys are officers of thecourt--therefore essential

Felicia Value, Attorney at Law felicia at skagitprobate.com
Fri Mar 27 15:39:19 PDT 2020

I did my last signing on Tuesday,  out on the porch,  with signers going one at a time and everyone standing far away from each other.  I only did this because the client was in the pipeline.  After all had signed,  I made my copies,  wiped everything down with disinfectant or soap and water,  moved the table and chair back inside,  and mailed the client her originals.  It took a lot of time,  was stressful,  and I don’t believe it met the standards for safe Covid-19 practice.

For estate planning,  I am telling everyone else that the soonest I’ll see anyone in person is June – and that’s subject to conditions at that time.  I’m telling people that we can conduct all interactions on the phone or via video conference and email,  and then I can mail them the final versions,  covered in stickers saying sign here,  initial here,  notarize here.  Far from ideal.  But the best thing I can think of.

I have not been asked to act in an emergency yet.  I’ll have to play those as they come.

Difficult times.

Felicia Value
Attorney at Law

Sent from Mail for Windows 10