[WSBAPT] recording deed in probate

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:15:30 PDT 2020

Have the PC contact me.  Camano Island is in Island County and so all UDs have to go through the superior court in Coupeville.  Many of the local attorneys refer their UDs to me because they don’t want to do, especially with all of the new statute changes.

That said, I spoke with the Island County sheriff’s department yesterday and they said that they have already cancelled three evictions.  When I asked if those evictions were for non-payment of rent or for some other cause, the person just said “HUH?”  When I asked for a clarification, the person said they were cancelling all evictions “due to the Governor’s moratorium.”  I read into this that the IC Sheriff is not willing to wade into the weeds as to the root cause for the UD but rather is just refusing to execute any and all Writs of Restitution.  If you think about it, most Writs just say to the sheriff “go and do it” and do not give the legal underpinnings to determine the legal basis for the eviction.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D60417.26777450]

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Paul A. Neumiller presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; e-mail messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are the intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.

E-mail communication on the Internet may NOT be secure. There is a risk that this confidential communication may be intercepted illegally. There may also be a risk of waiving attorney-client and/or work-product privileges that may attach to this communication. DO NOT forward this message to a third party. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the sender.