[WSBAPT] Revoked Trust - Assets

John J. Sullivan, Esq. sullaw at comcast.net
Thu Mar 26 10:45:52 PDT 2020

Jeanne:

I would argue yes, that authority remains in the trustees or their
successors to accomplish whatever transfers or conveyances are necessary to
implement the revocation.

I had a similar situation years ago where wife died and RLT had a mandatory
split. We decided which assets to allocate to the credit shelter trust, but
procrastinated on completing the actual funding. Then the surviving husband
got in an auto accident (with an attorney on a motorcycle) and was sued. We
successfully argued the plaintiff could not reach the assets aloocated to
the credit shelter trust because the trustee had an ongoing duty to complete
the funding and a constructive trust was imposed.

John J. Suulllivan