[WSBAPT] Governor's Stay Home order - EP as essential services?

Doris Eslinger doris at eslingerlawoffice.com
Wed Mar 25 06:23:07 PDT 2020

Attached is an amendment to the proclamation regarding electronic notary.  See bottom of page 2 addressing the importance to not hinder estate and end of life planning:

FURTHERMORE, based on the above situation and under the provisions of RCW 43.06.220(2)(g), I also find that strict compliance with the following statutory obligations or limitations will prevent, hinder or delay necessary action in providing relief to vulnerable populations and the businesses and professionals that serve them in the provision of estate and end of life planning, travel and adoptions, while applying appropriate social distancing measures, by removing the delayed effective date of and allowing for the new electronic notary services provisions authorized by, Senate Bill (SB) 5641, An Act relating to electronic notarial acts by remotely located individuals, Chapter 154, Laws of 2019, and codified within RCW 42.45, to take effect immediately, which relief is necessary for coping with the COVID-19 State of Emergency under Proclamation 20-05, and that the specific effective date provisions in Section 10 of SB 5641 is hereby waived and suspended, effective March 27, 2020 until midnight on April 26, 2020:

Regards,

Doris Eslinger
Attorney at Law
Eslinger Law Office, PLLC
2200 112th Ave NE | Suite 200 | Bellevue, WA 98004 | Phone: (425) 451-3237 |
Fax: (425) 633-2468 | doris at eslingerlawoffice.com<mailto:doris at eslingerlawoffice.com> | eslingerlawoffice.com<http://www.eslingerlawoffice.com/>

This message and its attachments are intended only for the addressee.  Please do not forward this message to others without permission.  The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges.  Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of such information is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by return e-mail or you may call our office at (425) 451-3237. Nothing in this message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.