[WSBAPT] Apostille for Italian Probale

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Mon Mar 23 17:35:33 PDT 2020

  Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

.
                               March 23, 2020

John,

The apostille process is actually pretty simple. It is something you
might consider arranging yourself as this could be a lot more
convenient, and inexpensive for your client. There are services out
there that will do it for you for a pretty modest flat fee.  So, you
can locate those services  (sort of the equivalent of a messenger
service – they receive your document and send it to the correct place
in the correct state, etc. then get it back to you.)  Or, if you need
to apostille a WASHINGTON document (like a birth certificate, marriage
certificate, etc.)  you can just follow the instructions on the
state’s website:
https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/apostilles/apostille-frequently-asked-questions.aspx

If you don’t have a copy of the Washington birth/ death etc.
certificate, you can order it from Vital statistics and in the same
order, order and pay for the apostille.

Last month, I had to secure an apostille of/on/for  two federal
district court orders (same case).  The court clerk did it right there
on the spot for me for $47.00 (plus $11.00 for certification) for each
of 2 orders. She gave me a break and didn’t charge separately for each
page of each order ;)  The only delay was that the judge didn’t have a
signature card on file for their apostille process.   So they had to
go get the judge’s signature on their form for that process.

               Your client will most probably have to secure a
certified translation of the document as well. But, that is separate
from the apostille process.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000
Seattle, Washington 98101
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com

Quoting "James B. Dolan" <>:[1]

> Client needs assistance – she is a beneficiary in a probate out of
> Italy.  Looking for someone, preferably in the north sound region if
> possible, familiar with the apostille process.[1]
>
>     [1]
>
>     [1]
>
>     [1]
>
>     [1]