[WSBAPT] Witnessing by Web-Cam - COVID-19

Roger Hawkes Roger at law-hawks.com
Thu Mar 19 15:51:59 PDT 2020

David: think it through and do the best you can under the circumstances.  Almost certainly the legislature intended ‘presence’ to be physically in proximity and sight of each other.  But if no one challenges the remote witnessing, will a court disapprove it?  If someone does challenge it and the witnesses are available to testify live at that time, will it matter?  If witnesses are not available then, will a judge throw out a will that was done with all the formality available at the time? Maybe.  But what else is the testator gonna do?

Roger Hawkes, WSBA # 5173
Hawkes Law Firm, P.S. and Sky Valley Lawyers, PLLC
Office: 19944 Ballinger Way NE
              Shoreline, WA 98155
                         And
               423 Main, Sultan, WA 98294