[WSBAPT] COVID-19 - Witnessing by Webcam?

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Mon Mar 16 11:19:22 PDT 2020

Hi Roger,

You are correct that notarization is not possible by webcam at this point
in time. My question was about witnessing and whether a webcam would
sufficiently constitute being "in the presence of the principal" for a POA
under RCW. 11.125.050 as the *alternative* to notarization authorized
therein.

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
210 Polk Street, Suite 1
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***