[WSBAPT] substitute for special needs trust

Robert R. Cole cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Fri Mar 6 16:55:30 PST 2020

I have by Will been appointed Trustee for a SNT fbo a disabled woman on
SSI.  She very much doesn't like this, and I am not thrilled about it
either.  She wants it put into an ABLE trust, which I understand I
cannot do since she was disabled after age 26.  So, my question is, is
there a institutional fund that could work to dole out benefits to her
to keep her qualified for SSI etc?  I have had clients contribute excess
money to those, but with the expectation that they would likely never
take it out. How do they get it out?  Thanks.

--

Very Truly Yours,

Robert R. Cole

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

10101 - 270th St. NW

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.