[WSBAPT] Need for Guardian in Public Pay Case

Sarah McCarthy sarah at kawlawyers.com
Thu Mar 5 08:22:01 PST 2020

In these cases I've started with contacting the Office of Public
Guardianship in Olympia, and they have a form you can fill out describing
the case for which you're seeking a professional guardian, and they'll do a
"blast" to all of the CPGs.
http://www.courts.wa.gov/content/publicUpload/Office%20of%20Public%20Guardianship/OPG%20FRMReferral%20Fill%20in%20Form.pdf
 Every
now and then this yields a response, though often I think that gets
ignored.  If that doesn't work, then I've resorted to sending personal
emails to every CPG on the list for that county providing general
descriptive information.  These personal emails have yielded better
results.  I can't recall quite where it is on the web site, but there is a
place on the site where you can find a listing of every CPG in WA, per
county.

Sarah

*Sarah O’Farrell McCarthy*
Attorney | Kelly, Arndt & Walker, Attorneys at Law, PLLP
6443 Harding Avenue | P.O. Box 290 | Clinton, WA  98236
Phone: (360) 341-1515 | Fax: (360) 341-3272
sarah at kawlawyers.com | www.kawlawyers.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from the law firm
of Kelly, Arndt & Walker, PLLP which may be confidential or privileged.
This information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above,  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
further review, disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message transmission in error, please notify us immediately by
reply e-mail and delete the original message.  Thank you.

We do not accept service of any kind by e-mail unless expressly authorized
in writing by the attorney of record.  This e-mail is NOT a contract and is
not binding upon the author pursuant to CR 2A. This e-mail is, at most, a
negotiation under ER 408.