[WSBAPT] IRA distributions through trust (testamentary) under SECURE act - 2020 0623

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Wed Jun 24 09:08:44 PDT 2020

Mark,

I have worked quite a bit with conduit and accumulation trusts.  The drafting of the conduit trust under secure you can provide for an up-to 10 year stretch but there is no reference to RMD as there was in the past.

Naming the estate is the least desirable of all options not so much for tax reasons but the potential to expose such funds to the creditor’s of the plan participant in certain instances when it would otherwise be protected from the same.

I’d be happy to set up a time to chat-it’s an area difficult to just e-mail about.

Best of luck,

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden