[WSBAPT] US child , foreign parents

Kailei Feeney kailei at westseattlelaw.com
Thu Jun 11 12:15:37 PDT 2020

These are all certainly interesting and very valid points worth consideration as we counsel clients but, I am still curious about Karl’s inquiry, has anyone considered such language?

I have drafted the below in attempt to begin to address what Karl describes and practically, the concern of needing a trusted local point of contact under any scenario.

“My primary purpose in drafting this Last Will and Testament is to provide for the care and custody of my minor children, in a smooth and expedient manner, notwithstanding the naming of British citizen as their ultimate Guardian. In the event there is an interim requirement, imposed by a Court of competent jurisdiction, necessitating the role of a United States citizen, I hereby confirm that _________________ shall be nominated as interim Guardian, as will facilitate the efficient administration of my estate and ultimate delivery of my minor children to their nominated Guardian.”

Suggestions?

Refinements?

Warnings?

Regards,
Kailei
Kailei B. Feeney
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image004.jpg at 01D63FE9.F46BE590]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
kailei at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:kailei at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
For the latest information regarding firm operations and precautions in light of the Coronavirus please visit our firm’s website: www.WestSeattleLaw.com<http://www.WestSeattleLaw.com>.
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment. Unless you have previously signed an engagement agreement with this firm, and the firm has accepted you as a client, NO exchange of information by virtue of emails or communications will create any attorney client relationship, including any duty of confidentiality, between sender and/or recipient.