[WSBAPT] Creditor Changing Collection Agencies

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Mon Jul 27 14:32:15 PDT 2020

Good Afternoon List -

Estate had a debt sent by Debt Collector ABC during the notice period
(after publication but before known creditor letters were issued.) ABC Debt
Collector received the Known Creditor letter advising of all the proper
ways to file a creditors claim. No response. Nothing. Time passed as of
June 1, 2020.

July 7, 2020 - notice from Debt Collector XYZ shows up, same exact amount -
same original merchant.

I cannot find any case law that says an Estate has an obligation to track
when a debt is sold between various collection agencies. Am I missing
something or am within my rights to send my normal letter that says -
sorry, we published, we sent direct notice to the person who held the debt
as of May.....you are time barred. Thanks for playing. Good bye.

Had been looking around for a loophole that protects creditors if the
account was in transit to someone else - but have not found it.

Appreciate any thoughts.  My plan is to supplement the normal "buzz off
letter" with a detailed explanation and evidence of the efforts made to
provide notice to those we were known to us during the statutory notice
period.

Thanks!

Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth*
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of **BWR Consulting, PLLC*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults> /

*As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent
Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new
points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com> *