[WSBAPT] Transferring probate administration from creditor to beneficiary

Mark Vohr mcv at ohanafc.com
Mon Jul 6 14:05:12 PDT 2020

RCW 11.28.150 should be of help.

Regards,

Mark

Mark C. Vohr, Esq.
Ohana Fiduciary Corp.
Ohana Financial Services
A Washington Trust Company
Mark C. Vohr, J.D., CPG, Principal
PO Box 33710  Seattle, WA  98133
T:  (206) 782-1189 F:  (206) 782-1434
mcv at ohanafc.com      www.ohanafc.com

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Suzanne Lieberman
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 1:54 PM
To: wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: [WSBAPT] Transferring probate administration from creditor to beneficiary

Good afternoon,

Decedent's uncle passed away last year. Creditor opened probate to collect on decedent's final medical bill. We want to name our client as PR. She has the original will and is the only heir.

What are the next steps? Can we get the creditor to stipulate to our client being the PR and let the creditor know we will handle the creditor claim process, etc.? There is a hearing set for July 22.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Lieberman
CMS Law Firm LLC<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cmslawfirm.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=K1mLMC1eFjwfeeMM-AC6zQ&m=p_KjMhJ5CCxWhUSeA2lTVP-8Dk23BuytmhF87jGnRoY&s=u4k6wst-HQ-xiwRhzPU8sxL39C3YDTgJKh4jqZBwZec&e=>
811 Kirkland Ave. Suite 201 (please note new address!)
Kirkland, WA 98033
206-383-6484 (Cell Phone)
206-659-1512 (Main Office)

Legal stuff I have to put in... To ensure compliance with Treasury Department and IRS regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly indicated otherwise, any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written by CMS Law Firm LLC to be used, and cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of: (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or any attachments).