[WSBAPT] question about irrevocable trusts

John Creahan john at cairn-law.com
Wed Jan 29 13:45:40 PST 2020

Yes, the trustor of an irrevocable trust can be a beneficiary, but, if so, the transfer to the trust will not be treated as a gift for transfer tax purposes. In other words, if the trust's purpose is to reduce the trustor's estate, the trustor canno retain any interest in the trust.
Hope this helps,
John

John Creahan
www.cairn-law.com<http://www.cairn-law.com/>