[WSBAPT] Beneficiary has Disappeared

Sarah Duncan sdunc at adamslawyers.com
Thu Jan 16 10:05:58 PST 2020

Hello, Listmates.  I am working on a file with the following facts:

1.      We are getting ready to make final distribution of a trust, by which an adult beneficiary's whereabouts are unknown.   He's been homeless and in/out of jail for the past year.   He has mental health issues as well.

2.      During one of his jail stays last year, we were in contact with his attorney (public defender), but that attorney has had no contact with him for several months now and no way of getting in touch with him.

3.      Because the beneficiary is homeless and won't communicate with us, we have no address for him nor do we have any way of finding him.

4.      We would like to proceed with final distribution of the trust as soon as we can.

We are at a standstill on how to proceed with distribution of the trust in light of the unknown whereabouts of the beneficiary.   I would love to hear any ideas that you have on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sarah E. Duncan
ADAMS & DUNCAN, INC., P.S.
3128 Colby Avenue