[WSBAPT] Trust has not distributed assets

Marvin Benson marvinbensonlaw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:11:04 PST 2020

Dear Listmates

My client is a grandchild of original trustors in another state, and I
think the same basic legal principles apply.
Trustors put income producing property in trust with the directions to
distribute property to their children in equal shares, and if a child dies
before them, to pass to the children of the deceased child.
Trustors died over 20 years ago.  The successor trustees have kept managing
the property and distributing the income.  One child has died.  And now
deceased child's children receive equal shares of their deceased parent's
share.
Grandchild, who is my client, wants to set up a revocable living trust.
My question is : (if this were Washington real property) how should we
transfer grandchild's interest to grandchild's trust?

Thank you

Marvin Benson