[WSBAPT] quit claim deed question

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:47:09 PST 2020

If the surviving spouse records the CPA and a death certificate, what is to be gained by preparing and recording a Lack of Probate Affidavit?  It was my understanding that the recording of the CPA and the death certificate transferred the real property to the surviving spouse automatically via statute so isn't the possible existence or lack thereof of a probate irrelevant, at least from a title standpoint?

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D6D554.AAE65800]

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Paul A. Neumiller presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; e-mail messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are the intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.

E-mail communication on the Internet may NOT be secure. There is a risk that this confidential communication may be intercepted illegally. There may also be a risk of waiving attorney-client and/or work-product privileges that may attach to this communication. DO NOT forward this message to a third party. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the sender.