[WSBAPT] "Unlocking" Decedent's iPhone

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 17 12:16:03 PST 2020

Listmates:  New one for me. Decedent had an iPhone and PR approaches Apple to unlock phone ((presumedly to either use the phone (PR is sole heir) or to sell the phone.))  Apple says they will not "unlock" the phone unless they receive a court order to do so.  Anyone do this before and, hopefully, have a motion and court order to achieve this result?  (BTW, I have already warned PR that atty fees in this may exceed the extrinsic value of the iPhone.)  Thanks for your input.  -Paul Neumiller