[WSBAPT] Trustee Compensation

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Tue Dec 15 17:09:06 PST 2020

Greetings List -

Conducting a review of a Trust.  Distribution is equal shares to the
children. But then as I got to page 11 and read through the compensation it
states:

The Trustee shall be entitled to receive, out of the income and principal
of the trust fund, Sixteen and Two-Thirds Percent (16.66%) of the Trust
Estate.....

There is revisionary language if the Trustee is a corporate trustee.

Just want to make sure that I am reading this correctly - take 16.66
percent off the top of the trust, pay the Trustee, then divide the
remainder into 25% shares and pay out?

I don't know why this is causing my brain to fritz - but would appreciate
validation or correction of my theory!

Thank you,
Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth* (preferred pronoun: he/him)
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, **a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC*

*New Address & Phones Effective December 1, 2020:** 500 S 336th Street,
Suite 214; Federal Way, WA 98003*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (253) 285-7751

Direct: (253) 285-7453

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.williams-ruthlaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrlaw> /